What Is TurnItIn?
Turnitin is a web-based application available in Blackboard that helps students improve their writing skills, reduce plagiarism and makes it easy to give your students good feedback about their writing. Turnitin Assignment in Blackboard (PDF) »
Why use TurnItIn?
- Automated Assessment and Feedback: incorporate automated assessment and feedback into the writing process for students.
- Ensure Originality: check students’ work for potential plagiarism by comparing it against the world’s largest comparison database
- Allow Students to View Originality Reports: encourage students to submit their work early, review the originality report and score, revise, and resubmit their work
- Smarter Grading: give students legible, timely feedback while saving instructors grading time
- Streamline Peer Reviews: simplify one of the most valuable feedback processes
- Submit any type of file: Turnitin works with documents, presentations, spreadsheets, images, and HTML code
- Multiple Drafts: Allow students to submit multiple drafts per assignment
- Easy Set Up in Blackboard: TurnItIn assignments are easy to set up
- Receive a clear, concise originality report: color-coded sources correspond to matching passages in the student work and generate a simple similarity index score.
- Easy drag-and-drop editing marks, voice comments and rubrics make grading faster for instructors and give students legible, timely feedback.
- Automated assignment distribution, anonymous reviews, and instructor questions to guide students allow for peer reviews in even the largest classes.
- Turnitin for iPad (Video) : sync assignments to your iPad so you can grade them on- or off-line. Start with watching this overview video.
Please share these instructions with your students. You can copy and paste these instructions into your course in Blackboard (add an item and paste these links).
- QuickStart Training Video (start at 1:26)
- Where and How to Find Instructor Feedback
- Student User Manual
- Understanding my originality report
Drop in for a quick conversation with the Office of Online Education staff or contact me directly Olena Zhadko: email@example.com