You might be new to teaching hybrid or online, or you might have been teaching hybrid or online for years.
How to get started?
Step 1: Make an appointment with the Office of Online Education to discuss your needs for support. You might be looking for ways to tweak your course, learn about the latest technologies, or make your course student-friendly and engaging.
Step 2: Choose from one of our training/support options
- Complete Blackboard (Bb) Basics Training. The training will be offered starting January 2017. Start with exploring currently available resources. Note: if you are new to Bb, you should start with this Seminar I. If have used Bb in your teaching, you should look into Seminar II. The training will be offered starting January 2017.
- If you plan to teach a hybrid or online course, complete Course Readiness Review (recommended 3 weeks prior to teaching).
- Register for the Preparation for Teaching Online: A Foundational Workshop for CUNY Faculty, two-week, asynchronous, instructor-facilitated workshop, offered by the School of Professional Studies, CUNY.Note: If you have previously completed the Preparation for Teaching Online workshop, do not register again. You will need your supervisor’s (chair’s) approval before you can register. You will only be paid after you successfully complete the workshop, and teach the total of two online or hybrid courses in an upcoming semester or academic year at Lehman College. You will also need to complete a Course Readiness review for each of the courses taught.
- Participate in one of the seminars offered by the Office of Online Education. Topics include Effective Online Teaching, Establishing Online Presence, Building Grading Efficiencies, Engaging Online and Hybrid Classroom. Seminars will be offered starting January 2017.
Drop in for a quick conversation with the Office of Online Education staff or contact us directly:
- Olena Zhadko: email@example.com